I’ve been running a year now!
My first “official” run last year was a 5k Turkey Trot, but to prepare for that I worked my way through the Couch to 5k program.
Slowly…I think it took me closer to 9 weeks because I wasn’t running 3x a week.
But I got it done.
My Progress for the past year of running:
- November: Turkey Trot 5k
- December: Arthritis Foundation Jingle Bell Run 5k
- March: Lucky Lady 5k (Virtual)
- April: I Run Like A Girl 5k (Virtual)
- May: Run to Remember (Virtual) 1×10 (1 mile a day for 10 days)
- June: Race Against Hate 10k (my first 10k!!!)
- July: Rock n Roll 10k
- August: went hiking instead…discovered that I miss running
- September: drumroll please…
What the heck is this?
What started out as a comic strip soon morphed into a real run, more recently a virtual option was added for those who wanted to get in on the fun, but couldn’t travel to Seattle.
I decided to do the Virtual as a 10k this week:
My slowest time yet for a 10k, definitely felt that I haven’t been running often enough or long enough when I do. That combined with just running by myself, led to a very slow time.
But I did it!
and I made myself a fun little training motivation bracelet too!
October: I‘m open to suggestions! – probably a Virtual 5k related to Halloween? Chicago’s Monster Dash?
November: I’m thinking of doing another Turkey Trot – t.b.d. based on if we’re traveling for Thanksgiving or not.