How are your 2017 Intentions going?
If you missed it or need a refresher, my 2017 Intentions are here
My Progress on Intention 1 & 2:
Intention 1: Walk & Run More – Success!
I joined a walking/running challenge called Run the Year, where the goal is to do 2017 miles this year. This can be walking or running, as well as attempted individually or as part of a team. I’ve decided to track of all steps, not just intentional activity.
There is still room in my group for 2 more walkers!
My individual status as of 3/14/2017
…not too bad considering that I was out sick for 4 weeks…and could only do limited activity for an additional 2 weeks…
Intention 2: Run a 10K – Making Progress!
I really want to do the Rock & Roll 10k in Chicago on July 16th as my first 10k!
I’ve also decided that I want to do a fun 5k every month to keep me on track with my training. These will be a combination of real races and virtual ones.
A Virtual Run is one that you register for, complete on your own, submit your tracking data, and receive your medal. A portion of the registration fee goes to a charity organization.
- March: Lucky Lady St. Patrick’s Day 5k (Virtual)
- April: I Run Like A Girl 5k (Virtual)
- April: potentially another real 5k for a charity that is yet to be scheduled
- May: considering doing one of the A Run to Remember charity runs (either a Chicago 5K or a Virtual run that is 1 mile a day for 10 days)
- June: McGaw YMCA Race Against Hate is my local 5k, looking forward to making it this year since I was sick last year!
- July: Rock & Roll 10K
Next post will cover progress on my Intentions #3 & 4 – stay tuned!