One of my favorite things about teaching Nordic Walking is when I can put a pair of walking poles in someone’s hands and watch them break out into a huge smile.
- the ability to move or be moved freely and easily.
“this exercise helps retain mobility in the damaged joints”
synonyms: ability to move, “restricted mobility“
Now this just isn’t any smile. This smile usually starts small….
Sometimes it grows very quickly, sometimes it takes a bit more time to emerge, but I’ve had the pleasure of seeing this smile build to a contagious ear-to-ear grin.
- possession of the means or skill to do something.“the manager had lost his ability to motivate the players”
synonyms: capacity, capability, potential; and more
Why the big grin?
- Imagine the capacity to walk with less back pain, hip pain, or knee pain.
- Imagine the capability to walk with confidence, without fear of falling.
- Imagine the potential to walk faster and keep up with your friends & family.
- Imagine the ability to walk with more safety in the winter time.
These aren’t imaginary results, I’ve seen it over the last few years with many of my walkers. Put the poles in their hands and watch a transformation…
A transformation not just in their smile, but in their walking ability; confidence, gait pattern, walking speed, posture, and much more. They’re excited to walk!
Mobility Coaching can open up a world of possibilities for individuals who find that their walking activities may be limited for a variety of reasons.